LEAP-Agri Project’s Kick-Off Meeting of ERA-Net LEAP-Agri Funded Projects
8–10 October 2018, Bari, Italy
The ERA-NET Cofund LEAP-Agri (2016-2021) is a partnership between partners from 19 European and African countries and the European Commission aimed at research and innovation on food and nutrition security as well as sustainable agriculture, including aquaculture. The partnership, coordinated by Agence Nationale de la Recherce (ANR), France is built on a European Commission’s instrument called ERA-NET Co-fund financed by Ministries/agencies from these countries with additional finances from the European Commission in support of the EU-Africa High Level Policy Dialogue on Science, Technology and Innovation (STI). The LEAP-Agri main objectives are:
- The preparation and implementation of a joint call for proposals for collaborative R&I projects between European and African partners which will contribute to the coordination and increase of joint activities between R&I institutions, and their programmes across European Union Member States, Associated countries and African countries. 27 collaborative European African projects have been selected for funding by the 24 LEAP-Agri funding agencies, based on an international Independent Review panel evaluation and ranking..
- The undertaking of other activities, in particular: the identification and test of innovative instruments for alignment and collaboration in research, innovation, capacity strengthening and infrastructure development; the communication and dissemination of results emerging from LEAP-Agri activities; the definition of a joint Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda in the Food and Nutrition Security and Sustainable Agriculture domain; and the consultation and liaison with relevant stakeholder communities, including research, the private sector, civil-society organisations and governments in Europe and Africa.
- Seminar objectives
The main objective of the Seminar is to meeting and building a LEAP-Agri community and to address the LEAP-Agri project, its aim and connection to other agenda’s.
- To present and discuss the broader context and partners of the LEAP-Agri programme
- To create synergy between the projects and connection with LEAP-Agri as a programme.
- To support the clustering process of the projects along three clusters (1) Sustainable intensification, 2) Agriculture and food systems for nutrition 3) Expansion and improvement of agricultural markets and trade)
- To inform about and discuss the M&E, especially for enhancing impact, for the projects and the clusters
- To discuss how to achieve common impact as a programme on EU-Africa Food and Nutrition Security and Sustainable Agriculture and Aquaculture
- To share information about the 27 research projects including their respective theories of change and impact pathways co-funded by ERA-Net LEAP-Agri;
- Seminar expected outcomes
- To include the project consortium partners into the LEAP-Agri AU-EU multistakeholders network community on FNSSA
- To create synergies between all the LEAP-Agri projects towards improving the impact of R&I collaborations in food systems.
- Seminar Structure
- ERA-Net LEAP-Agri partners
- LEAP-Agri projects’ coordinators and partners, between 2-4 per project are expected
- AUC & EC representatives, also as HLPD Bureau members
During the registration, a badger will be given to each project partner. On the top right of each badger a round colour stick will be there in accordance to the project main topic (three colours will be needed).
LEAP-Agri Internal Meetings
Registration Follow up for late coming participants.
After a morning plenary short session to inform the participants about the broader picture of the LEAP-Agri process, the project representatives will present their projects in a pitch session. In the afternoon the projects will work in three cluster workshops towards a common understanding of the clusters. The clusters will then present and discuss their results back in the plenary. After closing day 1 and before the social events organised by CIHEAM, the poster exhibition of the projects will be opened in a poster area that could be visited during the next day too. The participants will be motivated to continue discussions in the poster area and during the evening.
In the first morning session the M&E concept including the individual reporting formats will be presented. Before and after the lunch break the participants will work in three separate sessions on: part 1: how to enhance the impact of the research on project and programme level, part 2: on the management of the cluster reports and synergy with other initiatives. A plenary discussion about enhancing the impact of the research, and on the cluster reports and synergy with other initiatives will follow. Presentations of the global context of the EU AU FNSSA partnership will go on, with panel discussion about the LEAP-Approach as the long-term model for collaboration in Programme and Innovation Management Cycles (PIMCs) and an AU-EU Knowledge Management and Communication Framework (AU-EU KMCF).
Please find on the following pages the
Agenda (last version)